All 5th-8th grade boys and girls will participate in athletic programs throughout the school year. These are as follows:
Fall: Volleyball (girls), Soccer (boys, girls may also participate if additional numbers are needed)
Practices for these sports typically occur during the students' Physical Education (P.E.) period during school. This does allow those students who may also wish to participate in public school or club sports to do so during after-school hours. However, we ask that priority be given to WCS commitments should conflicting schedules occur.
These athletic programs involve both home and "away" games/matches and tournaments (all track events are out-of-town). Games/matches typically occur after school during the week, and tournaments take place on Saturdays. Each year WCS hosts one Saturday tournament each for soccer, volleyball and basketball.
WCS Soccer Tournament - Sep. 22, 2018
The WCS coed soccer tournament is Saturday, Sep. 22. The schedule will be as follows:
9:00AM - SF Lutheran vs Worthington Christian
10:00AM - SF Lutheran vs Chandler Christian
11:00AM - Chandler Christian vs Worthington Christian
- Two 25 minute halves
- 5 minute halftimes
- 5 minute warm-ups
- If there is a tie after regulation then there will be a best of 3 shootout. If a tie is still in play after best of 3 shootout then it will go into sudden death
Note: Times may be changed to stay on schedule
- All other rules will be followed according to the Minnesota State High School League. www.mshsl.org
- There is no registration fee for teams
- There is no admission for fans
- Concessions (snacks/drinks) will be available to purchase at the concession stand.
The goal of WCS is to educate children in the light of God’s Word and to prepare them for a life of service to God, to His Creation, and to their community.