Worthington Christian School (WCS) was begun by a parental society in 1948. Class was held in two basement rooms, with the full building at 1118 Johnson Avenue completed in 1952. Grades 1-8 started at that site, with Kindergarten added later. A ninth grade was tried briefly, but then discontinued.
The need for additional facilities and a playground led to the search for a new location and an earnest effort to raise funds for a new building. Eight acres were purchased and plans for a new building were initiated. Later, an additional 5.12 acres were also purchased.
On March 18, 1994, the work of 2 years was completed and we moved into our new building at 1770 Eleanor Street. Construction of the gymnasium on the north side of the building began in the fall of 2000, and it was ready for use in February, 2001.
Hi-Ho Preschool (which functions under the administrative umbrella of WCS) is also located on the north side of the WCS building, off the gymnasium.
The goal of WCS is to educate children in the light of God’s Word and to prepare them for a life of service to God, to His Creation, and to their community.